* 1960’s-1970’s- (3 to 18 yrs. Old) I was trafficked as a child – sexually abused and tortured by members of Polygamist groups, as well as other perpetrators and pedophiles within the communities of Bluffdale, Riverton, and throughout the Salt Lake Valley. This child trafficking occurred in homes, church buildings, basements, school buildings and other facilities, including the Polygamist compound area in Bluffdale, and in mountains along the Wasatch front, as well as in outlying little towns outside of the Salt Lake Valley.
* The leaders of this child trafficking ring included Polygamist leaders, as well as other local church and civic leaders, law enforcement members, owners of businesses such as Morticians and Doctors, and other members of the communities who used their positions of authority and facilities as cover-ups for their horrific child abuse and crimes. They were sworn to secrecy and swore those of us who were abused to secrecy, threatening our lives if we ever told what they did to us. We believed them because of the examples of fetal and infant murders they would perform and have us participate in, as they used them for their religious belief of blood atonement and sacrifice to either God or Satan, whichever one they were experimenting with that day or night.
We were told that we would end up like the sacrificed ones if we ever told. We were tortured to near death at times in order to instill this belief in us. There were children of several ages used for the ceremonies, both members of the Polygamist group and other children throughout the communities whose parents or relatives were part of the participating groups and who would bring the children to the events. Those adults who participated in these sick and horrific practices did so because of the feeling of Power, Pleasure and the Profit they received from participating in such demented beliefs. Those who were ultimately sacrificed were usually members of the Polygamist groups because no birth or death records had to be reported because of their shielded legal religious cover-ups, they are able to get away with it. Some aborted fetuses were from other civic members within the group. Animals were also used for sacrifices, including goats, sheep, and cats, etc. The remains of these animals have been found and turned into the University of Utah and other forensic agencies by the police and victims.
* Some of the abuse included:
- Sexual torture in various forms, oral, rectal, vaginal, etc.,
- Torture by hanging victims from ropes by our limbs-arms and legs, sometimes performing sexual acts on us children while doing so, and making us perform sexual acts on the perpetrators.
- Electrodes placed on our heads to have shock treatment.
- Fire torture and threats,
- Water board torture, as well as immersion in water,
- Open graves, and mock burials,
- Forced participation in the blood sacrifices of animals, infants and children.
- Threats to kill siblings and parents if we told anyone
- Killing our pet animals such as kittens, etc,
- Placing us in cages, naked on the floor.
- Having mock ceremonies of elite royalty and religious exonerations and ranked progression within the groups, with sexual activities and pronounced ranks as rewards.
- Forcing us as children to arouse and satisfy much older men and women in the group, as well as being filmed doing sexual acts with them and others near our age.
- Child pornography being one of their crimes.
- Drug abuse being another one of their crimes, as we were administered drugs in various forms in order to get us to succumb to the sexual abuse and torture, as well as to numb some of the pain. Never enough drugs were given to completely numb all the pain though.
As I was able to leave the group to serve an LDS mission, being told that I would be watched and monitored for the rest of my life to keep the secrets, I became more and more aware of the sickness of what I had experienced throughout my childhood. The leaders and members of these groups tried to make you feel that you were special and honored to be able to belong to them and participate. I had many emotional as well as physical problems on my mission, including nightmares and flashbacks, physical trauma and PTSD and anxiety, to the point that I was almost sent home early from my mission to rest, although nobody knew what I had been through because of the sworn secrecy. I did not even recall all of it until I was away from the group for awhile. I blocked it out as much as possible, because of the emotional as well as physical pain it caused me.
* I got married shortly after my mission and kept having flashbacks and abreactions from the abuse. It affected my interaction with others and the great mistrust and fear I had of most people. I overprotected my children at times. Most of my focus was on my children and to protect them, as well as to give them the fun and good times that I had been deprived of as a child because of the abuse. My husband ended up emotionally and then physically abusing me and then divorcing me thirteen years into the marriage, which caused me more physical and emotional pain. When my grandfather passed on, who had taken me to the group ceremonies as a child, starting at age three and throughout my childhood, I had more flashbacks and realizations of what had happened. I had never been to a therapist until my memories started to come back, and then decided to go to one because I felt that I was going crazy from horrible memories I was experiencing being constantly triggered by people and events that reminded me of what had happened. These groups did most of their ceremonies around holidays and other occasions that are publicly known such as solstices, etc. Therefore, every holiday triggered me, as well as other events and people, words, music, signs, sounds, smells, etc. I got suicidal at one point and have wanted to die several times to escape the anxiety and PTSD symptoms caused by the events of the abuse.